The SleepBelt support is a premium quality product designed for the 4th trimester and beyond; it is recommended in "Sweet Sleep" by La Leche League International, a PTPA Winner and Champion of the Center for Babywearing Studies. It is used in hospitals in NICUs and with full term babies.
A hands free skin-to-skin support system and nap wrap, the SleepBelt support allows baby to sleep sound, snug and secure on mom or dad’s chest while giving parents their hands back to read, use a tablet, or otherwise relax; it literally belts your sleeping newborn baby to you, enabling and encouraging rest and recovery while easing your baby from womb to world. When baby outgrows SleepBelt's skin-to-skin application, you can use it to keep baby snug on your lap or chair.
Did you know?
Skin-to-skin contact helps infants fall asleep more easily and also sleep for a longer period of time. This allows the new mother to get more rest and reduce stress levels.*
People always ask, why the SleepBelt support vs. a wrap/carrier/sling/ skin-to-skin shirt?
1) It's Comfortable and Universal
- It keeps Baby in his most comfortable position, be it knees tucked, legs flexed or froggy style, with his arms in or out, head turned left or right. The unique 4-way stretch naturally mimics the womb.
- No knots, clips or buckles to dig into Mom or Dad. No pressure on the shoulders or weight on your back. No bulky fabric to make you sweat.
- The soft and stretchy design means even the smallest of babes will be comfortable and secure in a SleepBelt support. It's true. SleepBelt has been used in the NICU on babies as small as 1200g, so you can rest assured they are happy.
- 12" of adjustable sizing means it will fit you, your changing postpartum body, other caregivers, and your growing baby.
- Unisex; skin-to-skin is one of the best ways for dad to bond with baby.
2) It's Simple
- It's EASY. With no tying, buckling or adjusting, the SleepBelt support is on in mere seconds with zero intimidation or frustration.
- When Baby falls asleep, you can transfer him to his crib with minimal disruption. No contortionist act required.
3) It's Versatile
- Holds baby skin-to-skin or against your clothed chest (0-3 months)
- Secures baby forward-facing on your lap (when baby has full neck/head control and can sit with your support)
- Acts as a gentle seat support (when baby can sit unassisted) NOTE: do not leave baby unattended
- Provides leg support with soft structured carriers
- Adds additional support with traditional wraps
Patent protected (CA Patent No. 2870491) with additional international patents pending. Made in Canada.